Member Get a Member
Participating is easy! Follow the simple steps below to receive credit for referring a member.
- Establish a connection with a potential member.
- Visit this link to share the potential member's name with HPNA. Note: You may complete this form as often as you like, for each new potential member you recruit, until October 31, 2022.
- After October 31, 2022, HPNA will notify you of any rewards earned.
You will receive a $25 credit towards HPNA programs, products, and services for each member you recruit. You will also be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of five registrations to the 2022 Team Conference for Hospice and Palliative Care.
Who can participate?
All current HPNA members are eligible to participate. Data will be tracked and verified to ensure accurate accounting of referral efforts.
- The HPNA Member Get a Member program runs from August 6, 2022-October 31, 2022.
- All current HPNA member are eligible to participate.
- Renewals on active memberships do not qualify. The individual you refer must be a new HPNA member.
- Self-referrals do not qualify.
- If multiple members refer the same individual, credit will be given to the first member to complete the form.
- Any rewards earned must be used by December 31, 2022.
Tips for recruiting members
- Tell a story. Share a time when your HPNA membership assisted you with your career.
- Paint a picture. Share the benefits of an HPNA membership.
- Make it a game. Set a goal that you want to achieve. Better yet, compete against colleagues to see who can recruit more members.
- Give the gift of an HPNA membership. Provide memberships to your team to celebrate the work they do each day.
- Work together with your local HPNA chapter. Collaborate recruitment as a local HPNA chapter, then use the rewards you earn for chapter engagement prizes.
- Focus on benefits, not features. Explain why an HPNA membership helps you provide the best patient care.
- Forward an engaging thread from the HPNA community. Let your referrals know about networking and collaboration opportunities that occur within the HPNA Community portal.
- Welcome new staff. When new employees join your team, introduce them to HPNA and share how the organization can help them transition and find success within their new role.
- Get Social. Spread the word about HPNA on social media!
- Keep a record. Make a list of members you recruit.